Announcement for (63rd, 64th and 65th)
Know India Programme (KIP)
- Know India Programme (KIP) is an important initiative of Government of India for engagement with Indian origin youth (between 18-30 years) to enhance their awareness about India, its cultural heritage, art and to familiarise them with various aspects of contemporary India. This programme is open to youth of Indian origin (excluding non-resident Indians) from all over the world. The programme is aimed at acquainting them with the transformational changes taking place in India.
- Know India Programme is a 21 days’ programme (excluding international travel) during which the participant will visit places like Delhi, Agra and a select state in India along with visits to places of historical, cultural, religious significance. KIP participants will also have a 2-day orientation programme in New Delhi. Participants will meet opinion makers, leaders, officials to get an overview of India’s economy, society and ongoing growth and development story.
- Government of India will provide local hospitality e.g. board/lodging in budget hotels and Internal transportation in India to the participants. Indian Missions /Posts aboard will bear 90% of the total air fare. Gratis visa shall be granted to the selected participants by the Indian Missions/Posts abroad.
- Participants are provided local hospitality e.g. boarding and Internal transportation in India, return air tickets from their country of residence to India provided participants bear 10% of the cost of total air fare. Gratis visa shall be granted to participants by the Indian Missions/Posts abroad.
- Minimum qualification required for participating in KIP is graduation from a recognized University /Institute or enrolled for graduation and ability to speak in English. The applicant should not have visited India through any previous Programme of Government of India. Those who have not visited India before will be given preference.
- Applicant must provide documentary evidence to prove Indian origin or an undertaking about Indian origin which must be countersigned by Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consul General.
- The schedule of the 2 KIPs (66th and 67th) to be organised between July 2023 to September 2023 has been uploaded on the KIP portal. Please visit KIP Portal: www.kip.gov.in for more details and registration.